You know those times when you just need a mid-day chocolate fix?
So maybe you don’t know those times because you’re not a chocolate addict like some people I know (ahem – me), but if you do, you’ll know where I’m coming from here. Sometimes it’s hard to combine healthy + snack + chocolate all in one , which is just not gonna cut it in my book because those mid-day chocolate cravings are like a daily occurrence. I have to find ways to disguise chocolate as an acceptable snack, so that’s where this parfait comes in. (And these chocolate no-bake bars and these chocolate, almond, and coconut bars, because obviously a girl needs options.)
This is one of those super-simple recipes that doesn’t require any planning ahead or extra time, which is always an A++ idea in my book. It’s healthy but it’s also filling and yummy and – oh yesss – chocolatey, so it ticks all the boxes. If you’re one of those people who can call a bowl of fruit dessert, then this could even be your idea of an indulgent dessert that’s ALSO healthy, in which case I envy you that you don’t have a daily craving for chocolate chip/chunk cookies that you have to fulfill. Personally, I’ll call this lunch and be proud of myself for it. :)
Just to keep things healthy (and also because I’m a dark chocolate lover), I don’t make this parfait very sweet, but you can always add a little more honey to it if you feel like it’s needed. Either way, it’s a creamy, chocolatey greek yogurt treat, and the toasted coconut and sweet banana slices on top make it the perfect combo of enticing flavors. (Because chocolate + coconut = yes, and chocolate + banana = yes, so chocolate + banana + coconut = HECK YES).
A fast, healthy snack (or even dessert!) that's creamy, chocolatey, and layered with crispy coconut flakes and sweet banana slices.
- 1/2 ounce (1/4 cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon honey
- 8 ounces (1 cup) nonfat vanilla greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- thinly sliced banana
- Warm coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add coconut flakes and honey and stir together. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and more often as the coconut starts to turn golden, until golden and toasted as desired, being careful not to let burn. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cocoa powder, and honey until smooth.
- Top yogurt with toasted coconut and banana slices and enjoy!
*If desired, this could probably be split into two smaller parfaits as an alternative.
For more recipes and other food-related tidbits, stick around and subscribe to receive new blog updates by e-mail or RSS. You can also find recipes by category in the recipe index.