A crunchy mix of honey-sweetened almonds and oat clusters plus tangy dried apricots.
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unrefined coconut oil
- 7 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped dried apricots
- 5 1/4 ounces (1 1/2 cups) slivered almonds
- 4 3/8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey and coconut oil for 30-60 seconds, until coconut oil has melted. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the dried apricots, almonds, oats, and salt.
- While whisking, add egg white to honey and oil mixture. Whisk in almond extract. Add to dry ingredients and mix in until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer granola mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread out in a large “O” shape, patting down firmly with the back of a spatula and leaving the center of the tray empty. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Gently break granola up and return to oven with the door propped open until granola cools. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.