A recipe for fresh, spicy guacamole loaded with red onion, tomato, and a touch of lime juice for maximum flavor. Takes minutes to make and SO much better than store-bought!
- 1 1/2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 small jalapeño* (or 1/2 a large one), minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Use a large mortar and pestle, or a bowl and fork, to mash the avocado.
- Add tomato, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Sprinkle cumin and salt on top. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping (or however you want!) Cover any leftovers with plastic wrap, or transfer to an airtight container, and keep refrigerated.
*If possible, use a torch to scorch the jalapeño skin before mincing (for added flavor). Use a pair of kitchen tongs to hold the jalapeño while scorching. The amount of jalapeño used can also be cut in half for a more mild guacamole.