Good-for-you energy bites (perfect for snacking!) that are loaded with flavor and only take minutes to make – naturally sweetened with dried apricots, coconut, and dates.
- 7 7/8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) dried apricots
- 5 1/2 ounces (1 cup) pitted and halved medjool dates
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 cup) sliced almonds
- 2 1/8 ounces (1 cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 ounce (1/8 cup) water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- shredded unsweetened coconut (or fine coconut flakes*), for rolling
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade attachment, process apricots, dates, almonds, and coconut flakes until texture is fine (similar to gravel). Add water and almond extract and pulse in to incorporate. Mixture should be moist enough to clump together.
- Coat a small bowl or plate with shredded coconut or coconut flakes for rolling. Roll “dough” into 1 ounce balls (about the size of a ping pong ball) and roll each in coconut to coat. Transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
*I pulsed my coconut flakes to finer pieces in the food processor to use for rolling the date balls.