A healthy grab-and-go snack made with 5 all-natural ingredients that’s loaded with crunch, texture, and tangy freeze-dried strawberries.
- 2 1/2 ounces (2 cups) brown rice cereal
- 1 ounce (1 1/2 cups) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 cup) sliced almonds, toasted*
- 4 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) almond butter
- 4 1/2 ounces (3/8 cup) agave nectar
- Line an 8″ square pan with foil and grease foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the brown rice cereal, freeze-dried strawberries, and almonds.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, heat agave until temperature reaches 255ºF on an instant-read or candy thermometer. Remove from heat immediatley and add to dry ingredients along with almond butter. Mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan in a flat, compact layer. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until firm. Use foil to lift bars from pan and slice.
- Once cut, transfer bars to an airtight container and store in refrigerator. For best texture, allow to soften at room temperature for a couple minutes before eating.
*To toast almonds, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast in a 350ºF oven for about 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant.