A simple, healthy, and flavor-packed recipe. Add a fried egg and make it a one-dish meal!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided (I used a garlic EVOO)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized*
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, until turning golden.
- Add sweet potatoes and 3-4 tablespoons water (enough to moisten the potatoes for cooking). Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until tender but still slightly crisp. Toss in arugula and pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep on heat just until arugula wilts.
- Serve hot, topped with a fried egg if desired**.
*You may need to use more sweet potatoes depending on the size and how much of the potato you’re actually able to spiralize, since a very large potato may be too large for the spiralizer at its widest point.
**Adding a fried egg will make the dish non-vegan.