For the first time in what seems like forever, we’re actually having something of a real winter here in California. I’m talking actual cold weather – to the point where I’ve even had ice frosting over my windshield at night – and SNOW in the mountains. Obviously I could do without the icy windshield and freezing my butt off part, but if it gives me an excuse to bundle up by a fire with a mug of hot cocoa, then I’m alright with that. And if we’re gonna go down the hot cocoa path, might as well get a little daring with it, am I right? Switch up the chocolate, add some eggnog (it is Christmastime after all), slip in a little rum… see where I’m goin’ with this?
Now admittedly, I’m not normally the biggest eggnog drinker, but when I saw a carton of International Delight Classic Nog on the shelf, the festive side of me couldn’t say no. That, and I had a bottle of spiced rum begging to be used, and if there’s one thing you absolutely must do when you have eggnog on hand, it’s mix it with rum. But because I can’t leave well enough alone, what could have been a simple boozy eggnog turned into more of a dessert cocktail, and lemme tell ya, it’s a good thing it did. It’s super rich, creamy-sweet, and definitley punched with enough rum to warm up your insides (and probably get you a little bit buzzin’ too!). And the rum whipped cream on top? AMAZINGNESS.
P.S. Check out International Delight’s website to find out where you can purchase their nog. While you’re there, share how you like to celebrate the season for a chance to win a holiday brunch for all your family and friends! (And then if you win, invite me! We can totally make boozy hot chocolate ;D)
A rich, sweet, and creamy winter drink that's perfect for cozying up, spiked with rum for a little kick!
- 4 1/4 ounces (1/2 cup) International Delight Classic Nog
- 4 1/4 ounces (1/2 cup) whole milk
- 3 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 4 1/8 ounces (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 ounce spiced rum
- demerera sugar, for sprinkling
- Combine eggnog, milk, and white chocolate in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Allow chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally, and bring mixture just to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum. Pour into serving cup, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with demerera sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment (or using a bowl and handheld beaters), whip the cream, sugar, and rum together just until cream holds peaks.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.