It’s come to my attention that summer is (sadly) on its way out the door, and since I’m not quite ready to say goodbye, I say that instead we pull out the red wine and throw a few more last-minute summer get-togethers. It’ll be easy because I gotcha covered with the basics: a couple bottles of JaM Cabernet and a recipe for super-simple stuffed mushrooms. Entertaining should be easyyyy and this little formula is about as easy as it gets.
So what’s the occasion? You name it! How about…
1. It’s summmmer!
2. It’s the weekend! (At least it is at the moment this post is being written, but if it’s Monday when you’re reading, even more of an excuse to pull out the wine!)
3. You’ve offically managed to keep your bikini-bod going for 3 months now. (Because you totally have, right?! Nobody’s been eating caramel blondies or anything…).
4. You’ve just discovered a new berry-liscious, easy-t0-love wine called JaM Cab (more on that to come).
5. You’re fancy enough to say you know how to make stuffed mushrooms, even though it’s secretly the easiest thing ever.
SO, as for that wine, it’s a new favorite of mine that’s bold and fruity and goes superbly with these meaty stuffed mushrooms. Like all the best Calfiornia wines, it’s rich and luscious, PLUS it’s affordable. You can find out where to purchase it locally using the Wine Finder on the JaM Cellars website.
And the mushrooms? For reals you guys, EASIEST APPETIZER EVER. 5 minutes of prep time + an oven are pretty much all you need. Before you know it you’ll be biting into tender baby bella mushrooms stuffed to the brim with tangy goat cheese, sausage, and crispy breadcrumbs. ♡ On second thought, if you just want to make these and hog them to yourself rather than invite anyone over to share them, no judgement here.
Be sure to check out the JaM Cellars website for a fun summer playlist to complete the wine night / hot-date-with-stuffed-mushrooms I know I’ve convinced you to plan. You can also follow JaM on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (#JaMCellars & @JaMCellars) for more wine-spiration. ;)
A super-simple appetizer amped up with a zing of flavor from tangy goat cheese - the perfect go-with for a good bottle of red wine!
- 18-20 baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 5 ounces goat chèvre
- 1 full-size pre-cooked sausage**, chopped (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wipe mushrooms off with a damp paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet, caps down.
- In a bowl, mix together the chèvre, sausage, breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic until thouroughly combined. Dollop mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle tops with extra breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and breadcrumbs are turning golden.
- Serve warm from oven.
*This recipe is gluten-free if made with gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
**Get creative with the type of sausage you use! I used a garlic beef sausage for this recipe.
Find out where to purchase JaM Cabernet near you using the Wine Finder on the JaM Cellars website.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.