DIY Espresso Powder
If you bake a lot, chances are you’ve come across a recipe that uses espresso powder. While you can buy this powder at the store, it’s actually really easy to make it yourself. All you need is leftover espresso grounds, an oven, and a coffee grinder. Since espresso powder goes a long way, a little bit of time will give you enough of this special ingredient to last quite a while. You can go crazy with espresso powder to add extra appeal to baked goods.
- leftover espresso grounds
- Preheat oven to lowest temperature.
- Use the back of a spatula to spread espresso grounds out flat on an unlined baking sheet. You can use as much grounds as you'd like; the more you use the more espresso powder you'll end up with.
- Place baking sheet with grounds in the oven for about an hour, or until grounds seem toasted and a bit crunchier.
- Using a coffee grinder, further grind the grounds to a fine powder. Store in an airtight container.
- Voila! You have espresso powder!
Recipe Source: Baking with Mark
Need an idea for using your new espresso powder? What about…